Monday, September 9, 2013

Judgey, brain-excusing, hermit.

Monday, September 9: Take this short personality test and respond to your results. (at the end, find the detailed profile of your personality account – click “click to view” under “You” and “self awareness and personal growth.” You can even google your type and find more info on it!)

I scored:
INFJ
Introvert(33%)  iNtuitive(25%)  Feeling(62%)  Judging(56%)
  • You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (33%)
  • You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (25%)
  • You have distinctive preference of Feeling over Thinking (62%)
  • You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (56%)

It's funny.  I always considered myself to be something of an extrovert while growing up.  I think I almost needed to be social because my sister was so shy and my brother was always getting in to trouble.  Living in their shadows, I needed to be different, and different meant social butterfly.  I went to a tiny school in a town where everyone knew everyone and I think there were about 50 students in my graduating class.  I made it a point to look through my yearbook each year to make sure I had spoken to everyone in my class.  I was not a very popular girl, but I was a nice girl and I liked just about everyone.

Since college, however, I have found it astonishingly hard to make friends.  I feel less comfortable in crowds.  I like being home and working on crafts or reading or spending time with my husband...  Going out after I get home from work is a chore.  But I do get lonely for a girl friend.  I have had the urge to post a wanted ad something like this:  Wanted:  Gal pal.  Must be able to hold an intelligent conversation and have a sense of humor.  Must drive (I will gladly help pay for gas... I just hate driving).  Should probably not be a health nut, but whatever floats your boat.  Things we ca do: read, write, go to see shows, work out (need motivation), eat, take advantage of awesome downtown Greenville, garage sales shopping, workshops, etc. 

The long and short is that I have become an introverted hermit since college.  I have a love/hate relationship with the hermit status.  I do love wearing my pajamas pretty much all the time.  But I really could use some human interaction and I want to get out more.

I kind of feel like the second and third part of this are pretty similar and ehhh...  Feeling over Thinking?  I like that I am empathetic, but geez.  I think, too.  I rationalize.  I analyze.  I guess I do make some decisions based on feeling... like deciding to major in Humanities.  haha!  I loved college and I feel proud of my education, but it certainly didn't seem to help me get a job.  I don't know.  I guess that, at the end of my life, I'd rather say that I followed my heart on most of my life decisions, but I do weigh my options and I don't disregard what is right based on my personal feelings.

I completely disagree with the last bit.  I could be wrong, but Judging over Perceiving does not sound like me at all.  I know this is not all it's talking about, but I have long prided myself that I, like Albus Dumbledore, see the good in people and give them many chances.  I play the devil's advocate like no one's business.  I don't judge a book by its cover, but then again, when it comes to actual books, I usually do judge them by the cover.  Hmm..

Whatever.  I am me.  And I may have been watching The Office while taking this test.  I can't guarantee that each answer was given my full attention.  I was busy laughing at Dwight, you know.

2 comments: