Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Day 5, Sunday: Publicly profess your love and devotion for one of your friends.

Originally, this was supposed to be about a blogger friend.  I don't really have one of those.  I think that I have friends who blog.  I definitely have aquaintences who blog...  I just don't think any of us would be comfortable with me publically declaring love for them in a specific post.  So... let me tell you a little about my best and longest friendship:  Alicia Kyser :)

We met in second grade over some Barbies in Mrs. McCoy's class.  We spent the year pretending to be mermaids playing fancy comb instruments, burrying and ultimately losing some Polly Pocket cats, and learning the multiplication tables.  A few years down the road, we were sobbing in stereo over Leo's untimely death in Titanic, screaming ourselves sore at our first Hanson concert, drawing rude and inaccurate pictures of our enemy's future, and swimming at a local campground pool every day for the summer.  Fast forward a bit and we were in the "finding ourselves" phase of teenhood... she with blue-black locks and me with fishnet stockings.  Then slacking off in math class and tormenting our guy friend Josh... or playing volleyball in some dude's backyard and watching out for "jaguars!"  Later in the same year, we both became extremely involved in our church, volunteering in the youth office, organizing the comedy nights, and showing up to just about every function that was could.  Gosh, so many memories from my life involve her.  She lived with my family for a whole summer one year, we did our Prom shopping together, we've since been to an additional two Hanson concerts and even finally met them together, and we ended up in the same little college in Kentucky. 

Since my move to South Carolina two years ago, we have undergone the longest period of time we've ever spent apart.  She came to visit me the summer I moved and Kyle and I were able to make it back to Ohio for New Year's Eve 2012... but that was the last time I saw her... almost a year and a half ago!  It's too weird to not be around your best friend when you've essentially spent your whole life together.  I am super excited to see her at the end of the month.  She is a constant in my life and we shall be friends forever :)

No comments:

Post a Comment