Thursday, May 9, 2013

Day 8, Wednesday: A piece of advice you have for others.

Be kind.  What reason could you possibly give to do otherwise?

Kindness is free.  Kindness is contagious.  The same can be said for bitterness.  Would you rather spread bitterness or kindness?  Would you rather be rudely pushed out of the way or welcomed with a warm smile? 

I found this little gem of a saying this week:



I don't always feel gracious (especially when talking with telephone companies after long holds and automated systems for 20 minutes)... but that doesn't mean that I should be rude.  What if I knew that my rudeness would ruin someone's day?  Would I still act brashly towards that person?  No.  No, I would not.  I'm very softhearted and I tend to take everything personally, so a few bitter comments can easily ruin my day.  I'd hate to be the one who does that to someone else.

Be kind.  Be gracious.  Be nice.  Smile and be polite.  Make the day a little brighter for someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment